Data downlink services
Last updated on December 7th, 2022
If you still have questions or feedback about the technology, please contact us on our ticketing tool: Kinéis Customer Support. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible !
Kinéis connectivity is bidirectional and allows data to be transmitted to the connected devices thanks to the downlink. Data downlink services are additional features on top off data uplink services.
The different data downlink services are:
- Kinéis broadcast: Kinéis satellites continuous broadcasting that contains the UTC time, the satellite ephemeris and the constellation status.
- Device messaging: data can be transmitted from the end users to the connected devices, on a regular basis or upon specific events, for remote reconfiguration or simple messaging.
- Acknowledgement: interactive service which allows the connected device to receive an acknowledgment when the transmitted data are well received.
- Receiver is required in the connected device
- Specific protocol is required
||1€ / message*|
|Acknowledgement||Satellite aknowledges that an uplink has been collected.||
||+ 100% on data uplink service cost|
*Device messaging prices varies depending on messages and devices volumes and on the subscribed uplink service.
These services will be open when the Kinéis satellites are launched and operational. Waiting for this, Kinéis distribute a satellite emulator for the users to experience the future Kinéis connectivity.