Data downlink services
Last updated on July 18th, 2023
Kinéis connectivity is bidirectional and allows data to be transmitted to the connected devices thanks to the downlink. Data downlink services are additional features on top of data uplink services.
The different data downlink services are:
- Kinéis broadcast: Kinéis satellites continuous broadcasting that contains the UTC time, the satellite ephemeris and the constellation status.
- Device messaging: data can be transmitted from the end users to the connected devices, on a regular basis or upon specific events, for remote reconfiguration or simple messaging.
- Acknowledgement: interactive service which allows the connected device to receive an acknowledgment when the transmitted data are well received.
- Receiver is required in the connected device
- Specific protocol is required
|Acknowledgement||Satellite acknowledges that an uplink has been collected.||
These services will be open when the Kinéis satellites are launched and operational. In the meantime, Kinéis distribute a satellite emulator for the users to experience the future Kinéis connectivity: What is EmulSat?