On this page
If you want to connect a device to the Kinéis system and start collecting data with our satellites, this is the right place to look! This section will walk you through everything you need to know to build or upgrade a connected device and get the most out of the Kinéis connectivity.
In order to facilitate the development of connected devices, Kinéis provides ready-to-use hardware products handling the Kinéis protocols and easy to integrate into industrial devices. Our evaluation boards and development kits allow for fast prototyping and reduced lead times to market:
- Kinéis modules for a simpler integration
- Evaluation boards to start your tests
- Demo devices such as the Explorer device to qualify your use case
Each product comes with the necessary documentation:
- Datasheet for electrical specifications, current consumption, module pinout, mechanical specifications, storage and soldering profiles
- Integration manual for typical application circuit, UART communication and AT commands description
- Application notes for integration recommendations or known issues
A few tools are available to make the testing and device development easier for you:
- Kinéis device interface to quickly test our evaluation boards
- EmulSat to simulate the RF communication with a satellite
- Satellite pass predictions, on the Online platform for your tests or as the Prepas software library to include in your device software
Since the device transmits a low-power signal to a satellite located from a few hundreds to a few thousands kilometers away, the antenna performances should be considered as a priority when designing a connected device.
This is why we try to provide the maximum technical material to be able to integrate the best possible antenna with the given constraints:
- Learn about the antenna integration considerations: requirements and how to select an off-the-shelf antenna or develop a custom antenna
- Go through our antenna portfolio to find an antenna that suits your requirements and that we have tested and validated
Due to the nature of the satellite coverage for the Kinéis system, any device needs to implement a transmission strategy that should be optimized for the use case and the deployment conditions of the device.
Learn about the importance of implementing a transmission strategy, and find the best strategy that fits your use case.
Certifications and type approvals
Following its validation, the device needs to pass through a new testing campaign in order to receive the device certification from Kinéis. In case of new transmitter design, the transmitter certification is also required.
Concerning the type approval certifications, Kineis provides guidelines to help device manufacturers go through the type approval certifications in test houses.
Benefit from the Kinéis ecosystem
Any Kinéis-approved device is entitled to appear in the partners page of the Kinéis website, giving it some visibility towards potential end users. In addition, our sales force will be glad to recommend a device from the catalog to any end user if they feel that it will answer their needs.
At Kinéis, we also like to take part in co-marketing actions with our partners such as testimony articles or videos, joint events or webinars and many more!