Build your Kinéis-connected device
Last updated on December 19th, 2022
If you want to connect a device to the Kinéis system and start collecting data with our satellites, this is the right place to look! This section will walk you through everything you need to know to build or upgrade a connected device and get the most out of the Kinéis connectivity.
The first step for the integration of the Kinéis connectivity is to subscribe to one of our Discovery programs: the Space Priority program is mainly designed for device manufacturers who want to get started with our modules and evaluation boards.
After the Discovery program, you can enter the Partner program for device development.
Enter the Partner program
As a contracted Kinéis Partner, you may access:
- volume pricing and direct supply for Kinéis products
- roadmap for future Kinéis products or services with beta-testing privileges
- restricted parts of the knowledge base
- technical support from our experts
Integration of Kinéis products
In order to facilitate the development of connected devices, Kinéis provides ready-to-use components handling the Kinéis protocols and easy to integrate into industrial products. Our evaluation boards and development kits allow for fast prototyping and reduced lead times to market:
|Modules||Interface boards||Demo devices|
|Connected device development||Quick testing, demonstration||Field testing for use case validation|
Once you have tested with an evaluation board and/or a demo concept, you might want to start a development either to integrate a Kinéis module to an existing device or to design a device from scratch.
During this phase, Kinéis provides all the support needed to integrate our products and understand the specificity of a satellite-connected device:
- Datasheet and integration manual available for the integration of a module, including the footprint, pinout and typical application circuit
- Antenna solutions: off-the-shelf antennas and reference designs thoroughly tested by Kinéis for a variety of form factors
- Guidelines on the transmission strategy to implement in your device software, guaranteeing the correct reception of the data by our satellites
- Battery dimensioning, combining the module power consumption and the transmission strategy
Tests and validation
When the first prototypes are manufactured, a test campaign is crucial to validate the design before producing at a large scale. Kinéis guides you to install a field test campaign, to understand the Key Performance Indicators that show the quality of reception by our satellites and how to measure them.
Certifications and type approvals
Following its validation, the device needs to pass through a new testing campaign in order to receive the device certification from Kinéis. In case of new transmitter design, the transmitter certification is also required.
Concerning the type approval certifications, Kineis provides guidelines to help device manufacturers go through the type approval certifications in test houses.
Benefit from the Kinéis ecosystem
Any Kinéis-approved device is entitled to appear in the Kinéis device catalog, giving it some visibility towards potential end users. In addition, our sales force will be glad to recommend a device from the catalog to any end user if they feel that it will answer their needs.
At Kinéis, we also like to take part in co-marketing actions with our partners such as testimony articles or videos, joint events or webinars and many more!